LOBBY DAY: Thursday, December 7, 2017.
1. 9:30am -- Welcoming remarks by Ed Eastman, Executive Director.
2. 9:45-10:15am --Legislative overview. David Ewan, Legislative Committee Chair explains his role as chair and the workings of the committee going over priority legislation and how the Association works to get bills amended to the liking of the NJLT.
3. 10:15-10:45am -- Political overview. Roger Bodman and Bill Maer form Public Strategies Impact go over the 2017 NJ elections results and what it means in the future. Also, explaining how the final weeks of the Christie administration will play out.
4. 11:00am- 11:45am -- Invited Legislators and or go over important pieces of legislation.
5. 11:45am- 12:15am – Lunch
6. 12:15- 12:45pm -- Public Policy Overview, thoughts for Lame Duck and beyond. A panel with key staff members for the Senate/Assembly Democrats/ Republicans to educate members on how policy is formed and how members of the NJLT can help staff as a resource on deeper dive issues.
7. 12:45pm – 1:15pm -- Transition, new Administration, having a key staff person from the Murphy / Guadagno team (whoever wins) speak to the audience about legislative priorities and what the future Governor plans on doing in year one.
8. 1:15pm -1:30pm – Conclusion and wrap up