2018 LEGISLATIVE DAY
Thursday, December 6, 2018
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Date: December 6, 2018.
Time: Members will arrive approximately 9 am, expect the program to last until 1:00 p.m.
Location: The Statehouse in Trenton, with a targeted size of 30-50 members were looking at room 103 across from the Senate chambers or room 109 across from the Assembly Chambers.
Register: Please go to NJLTA.ORG to Sign In and register your attendance. You will find the registration link under Calendar after you have signed in.
Tentative Program Agenda:
1. 9:30 am -- Welcoming remarks by Ed Eastman, Executive Director.
2. 9:45-10:15 am --Legislative overview. David Ewan, Legislative committee chair explains his role as chair and the workings of the committee going over priority legislation and how the Association works to get bills amended to the liking of the NJLT.
3. 10:15-10:45 am -- Political overview. Roger Bodman and Bill Maer form Public Strategies Impact go over the 2018 NJ elections results and what it means in the future.
4. 11:00am- 11:45 am -- Invited Legislators and or go over important pieces of legislation.
5. 11:45am- 12:15 am – Lunch
6. 12:15- 12:30 pm -- Public Policy Overview. A panel with key staff members for the Senate/Assembly Democrats/ Republicans to educate members on how policy is formed and how members of the NJLT can help staff as a resource on deeper dive issues.
7. 12:30 pm – 12:45 pm – Governor’s Administration: having a key staff person from the Murphy administration speak to the audience about legislative priorities and what the Governor plans on doing in the ensuing year.
8. 12:45pm -1:00 pm – Conclusion and wrap up